A wee stool
After finishing the nightstands from the previous post, I turned my attention to the same client’s piano-stool-cum-doggy-chewtoy.
This was a fun little fix. I love making patches for damaged solid wood (dry rot in old boats provides plenty of opportunities for that), and that skill certainly played a role here.
I felt an unrestrainable urge to copy one of the shapely legs, so that’s what I did for the leg with the worst damage.
I used my line-marking gauge to copy the grooves in the legs.
And sanded and painted the whole thing with black lacquer.
Back it went, in time for the client's move in November 2021!